“Captivate! – Enliven Any Lesson with Storytelling”
(Staff Development Workshop)
The use of narrative structure helps students learn. Mark Beckwith and Obediah Thomas will share their polished storytelling techniques with teachers at their exciting and interactive staff workshop.
WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES: Teachers will leave Mark and Obediah’s workshop inspired to…
- write or find simple stories to introduce lessons.
- use newly discovered storytelling techniques to captivate their students.
Mark and Obediah will address the following:
- Components of good storytelling
- Improving vocal dynamics
- Body language
- Emphasizing words
- “Change” is a tool
- The three “R”s (rhythm, rhyme and repetition)
- Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity
- Getting students physically involved in a story
- Applying storytelling techniques to any topic (even math)
- Using fun props (visual aids)
- Using hand gestures
- How a few tiny adjustments can make a big difference
Call Mark Beckwith at (818) 422-1872 for prices and booking information.